The 3rd Annual PAWS ON PARADE 2017
A FAMILY FUN FESTIVAL FOR ALL – INCLUDING YOUR DOG!
Saturday, June 10, 2017,10AM-3PM at the Park in Graeagle, rain or shine. Save the date!
Join us for a dog-day of fun, laughs, and quality time with the whole family! The event features multiple activities, games, demonstrations, vendor booths, food, and prizes,as well as live music by Benny, Penny & Dude.
A major fundraiser for High Sierra Animal Rescue, Paws on Parade is pure summer fun!
Enjoy a variety of events for kids and dogs, and attendees will have a chance to meet & greet with High Sierra Animal Rescue adopters and their dogs.
In addition to adoptable dogs from High Sierra Animal Rescue (HSAR), a wide variety of pet services and more will be participating.
If you would like to participate as a vendor or become a sponsor, see the links below or contact HSAR at 832-4727 to speak to a committee member!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR AND SAVE THE DATE!
Help us spread the word! Download our event flyer Here and share with your friends!
Download Vendor Form Here
Download Sponsorship Form Here
The Walk to Save Homeless Pets is an easy way to support High Sierra Animal Rescue.
This is your opportunity to show the strength of our community and your commitment to our NO-Kill rescue shelter. You can help—Register now and start fundraising!
Take the challenge by registering for our Walk to Save Homeless Pets on Crowdrise using the link below. Get friends, family, and Facebook buddies to support your effort by contributing in your name.
Or, download a pledge form (below) and start fundraising in your community today. Pledge forms can also be picked up at our shelter and boarding facility in Portola, or by calling 832-4727.
Check with your employer to see if they will match your contribution. We are a 501c3 non-profit and all donations are tax deductible.
Win great prizes! The top fundraiser will win a fabulous prize! Or, raise a minimum of $100 and receive an event tee shirt!
All HSAR Alumni will receive a beautiful handmade bandana for their beloved rescue dog, embellished with the HSAR logo!
Last year we had 83 registered walkers. Our goal is to double that this year! Walk at your leisure or choose to join the scheduled group walk at 12pm. The group walk is a great opportunity to socialize your dog and meet other dog owners. Please join us this year!
Three easy ways to fundraise:
BUILD A FUNDRAISING FORM using CROWDRISE Here
Get your PLEDGE Form to sponsor you and your dog Here
Or with a donation, you can REGISTER on the day of the Event!
Purchase numbered balls and be entered to win fabulous prizes! Balls are released into the Mill Pond where kayakers contain them in a circle. A retriever dog is sent into the pond to retrieve the winning balls.
Don’t wait! Retriever balls can be purchased in advance at our rescue and boarding in Portola, or by calling 832-4727.
Quantities are limited and the more retriever balls you purchase, the greater your chance of winning.
- 1 Ball = $5.00
- 5 Balls = $20.00
- A Barker's Dozen (13) = $50
- Two night stay at a beautiful Grizzly Ranch Cabin
- A $200 gift certificate for food at the Chalet View Lodge Restaurant
- A round of Golf for 4 at the Grizzly Ranch Golf Club
- And more to come!
Purchase a poker hand for $20 at registration. Each entry allows the participant to select one card from a full deck at each of 5 stations in the park and around the pond. Selected cards will be recorded on your entry sheet and authenticated by an HSAR volunteer. To increase your chance of winning, you can swap for new cards for $5/each at the final station, up to 3 cards. The person with the highest hand will win 50% of the pot! Our goal is 100 participants—if we reach that goal you could win up to $1,000 or more!
HOT ROD HOUNDS FLYBALL will entertain with multiple demonstrations, interactions, & head to head races throughout the day. Flyball is a fast-paced dog relay race featuring hurdles, flying balls, and racing dogs. Get a Flyball lesson with you and your dog, or compete in a head to head race, Human vs. Dog!
Demonstrations throughout the day! An agility dog handler will present with their dogs, and assist you while working with your dog on the course to strengthen your bond while boosting your dog's physical activity, confidence, and endurance!
Turn a photo of your dog into a beautiful work of art!
For a minimum donation of $25 to HSAR a photo of your dog will be sent to a professional artist who will create a beautiful 300 dpi, 8” x 10” digital image (JPEG) of your dog that can be printed and framed. Or, choose from several printing options available at the booth. 100% of your donation goes directly to HSAR!
Purchase your raffle tickets at registration between 10am & 2pm, and enter to win some great dog-related and other prizes!
- MUSIC by local band Benny, Penny & Dude will entertain the crowds between activities.
- SCAVENGER HUNT: Treats are hidden around the area and dogs are rewarded by finding them.
- MUSICAL CHAIRS: Dogs and their humans walk to the music! When the music stops, get your dog to sit, then sit on an available chair. After each round a chair is removed and the team without a seat is eliminated. The last team sitting is the winner. YEAH!
- VENDOR BOOTHS representing a wide variety of pet related products, services, and more!
Events occuring throughout the day:
- AGILITY Demo & Interaction
- FLYBALL Demo, Interaction and head to Head, Human vs. Canine
- And other fun activities such as MUSICAL CHAIRS, SCAVENGER HUNT, MUSIC & FAMILY FUN!
- POKER DOG RUN REGISTRATION 10AM-12:30PM
- WALK TO SAVE HOMELESS PETS 10AM-2:00PM
- RAFFLE TICKETS AND RETRIEVER BALLS FOR SALE AT REGISTRATION
11:00-1:30---POKER DOG RUN COURSE OPENS, ends at 1:30 sharp!
12:00---SCHEDULED GROUP WALK TO SAVE HOMELESS PETS (at the Mill Pond)
12:30-1:00---RETRIEVERS BALL at the Mill Pond
1:30 Sharp---POKER DOG RUN: All forms into Registration no later than 1:30
1:45-2:00---RAFFLE and POKER DOG RUN winners called
2:00-3:00---Ongoing ACTIVITIES continue
By attending Paws on Parade with your pet, you agree to the following:
- Pets must be under control at all times.
- Pets must be on a leash or crated at all times.
- High Sierra Animal Rescue is not responsible for the actions of your pet.
- Pets must be current on vaccinations.
- Pets must be sociable with other animals, adults, and children, and not agressive about food toys or owner.
- Please be aware of the stress level of your pet at all times.
- Please pick up after your pet.
- We want this to be a positive experience for everyone. Pets must be at least 4 months old since younger animals have weak or no immune systems.
- Vendors reserve the right to refuse entrance or ask to leave anyone whose pet is exhibiting aggressive behavior.